power supply fried

Status
Not open for further replies.

javier

Baseband Member
Ok well, i had a 450W power supply, and i was running a 8800 GTS SC and a 680i SE motherboard, 2 gb of ram, 2.33 core 2 duo processor.

Well i noticed the whole computer was getting pretty hot sometimes and well the power supply died!! XD im just wondering is it becsaue the power supply was only 450 W that it was getting so hot??? or did i just need more cooling??

If that 450w was an FSP, then it should be sufficient enough, for that system, without overclocking. What brand is it?

Any suggestions? I don't wanna spend 200 bucks on a power supply (canadian dollars btw) would 500W or 600W be enough??

these are a few that i found

Power Up 550-Watt ATX 120mm Fan SATA-Ready Power Supply GEN-2004 in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

Xion 600-Watt ATX 140mm SATA-Ready SLI-Ready 2024-Pin Power Supply XON-600F14T-201 in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

Ultra X-Finity 600-Watt ATX Dual 80mm Fan SATA-Ready SLI Ready Black Power Supply ULT31848 in Canada at TigerDirect.ca

the last one is alot cheaper for some reason... is there something differnt about it that makes it so much cheaper?

"Thou shall not skimp on thy power supply." You're running a performance machine, look to spend more than 120US dollars on your psu. And wattage isn't as important as the amperage on the +12v rail.

... do u want him to get another blown PSU?

some of those OCZ GameXstreams have ripples on the dual 12V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom