Asus P5B Deluxe and Sound Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

kur0suto

Baseband Member
heyy guys. When i first got the mobo, i hooked the frontal audio ports from my TT tsunami into mobo and my headset worked like a charm. However, when i bought a Creative sound blaster sound card, the front audio port didnt work no more. Not only that but when i plug a mic into the sound card, it still didnt work nor did it register. Is this my mobo's prob or sound card?

i tried disabling onboard audio in bios but it still didnt work. any suggestions?

heyy guys. When i first got the mobo, i hooked the frontal audio ports from my TT tsunami into mobo and my headset worked like a charm. However, when i bought a Creative sound blaster sound card, the front audio port didnt work no more. Not only that but when i plug a mic into the sound card, it still didnt work nor did it register. Is this my mobo's prob or sound card?

i tried disabling onboard audio in bios but it still didnt work. any suggestions?

do you have the front audio connector plugged in to the mobo or the sound card?

why are u getting a soundcard? i think the ones on the mobo are good enough, at least mine is..... and not to mention the coaxial and optical output capabilities.

But ye... i guess sound cards are a way to go just like video cards are. But for me im upgrading to 4gb ram first before the soundcard. Ima order it on the 14th hehe when i find out what my new address is going to be in college then woot woot hello to 4gb ram. Hope the price for the HZ will drop by then.

u have to disable onboard audio in the bios. then load the soundcard drivers, which u probably have already done. and unless the soundcard has a connector for the frontpanel audio, then no frontpanel audio 4 you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom