Jumpers, aye whats that about??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmizz

Baseband Member
Hey guys,

I have been playing around with my HDD and CD-ROM trying to figure out what the problem with my motherboard is. Now what I would like to know is what all the settings for the jumpers mean. I know the normal was like Primary, slave etc etc but could you guys maybe give meanings to the others has it would help alot when doing things with HDD, CD-ROM, DVD etc etc.

Regards
James;)

If you leave it without jumpers, as default it should be in Slave. On the harddrive, it should tell you how to set it as Slave or Master. If not, visit the manufacturer's site. They should have it.

I understand that mate, but I wanna know how the motherboard sees it. If you have a primary and slave HDD does the motherboard read the primary first then the slave and if so how does it know to the the primary if it hasnt read the the other HDD to see that it is a slave?

Depends on how the motherboard is set up to boot. In the bios, it is set to Harddrive as default. While it is booting, it will read only the primary, and there should only be one primary hard drive.

WQ87 said:
Depends on how the motherboard is set up to boot. In the bios, it is set to Harddrive as default. While it is booting, it will read only the primary, and there should only be one primary hard drive.

Cheers on that mate, I thought thats how it went but wasnt 100% sure. Thanks mate :) :D :beard:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom