AMD Unveils "Barcelona" Architecture

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am definitely looking forward to actual results instead of hype and rumor.

current ones.. yes

Are you talking about performance per $ ?

Barcelona might be better than the current Xeon for the price, but I don't think that it is better than Q6600

The price of Q6600 is between AMD Opteron 2346 HE and 2347 and those have 1.8GHz and 1.9GHz clock speed respectively.

We haven't saw any benchmark for Barcelona and Q6600 yet. Personally I don't think those Barcelona are going to beat Q6600, but we need to wait and see some benchmarks

Are you talking about performance per $ ?

Barcelona might be better than the current Xeon for the price, but I don't think that it is better than Q6600

The price of Q6600 is between AMD Opteron 2346 HE and 2347 and those have 1.8GHz and 1.9GHz clock speed respectively.

We haven't saw any benchmark for Barcelona and Q6600 yet. Personally I don't think those Barcelona are going to beat Q6600, but we need to wait and see some benchmarks

haha to all you intel haters

but why the heck would AMD release something that won't beat a really old competitor.. unless they want to go out of business.. and i'm not an Intel Hater or an AMD hater MAV.. i just support the underdog

gonna be like socket 939 and AM2 all over again.

They introduce the a new socket AM2+ with DDR2, then again another socket for DDR3.

Wait a minute. Isn't Barcelona the same thing as Penryn? One thing's for sure, it is a dramatic successors to the K8. Can't wait to see it at the end of this year or possible early next year.

It's built on AMD's 65nm process though but the major factor is the fact that it features four cores on a single 65nm die!!! It also has a much faster memory controller too. I can't wait to see this baby at it's full potential.

Wait a minute. Isn't Barcelona the same thing as Penryn? One thing's for sure, it is a dramatic successors to the K8. Can't wait to see it at the end of this year or possible early next year.

It's built on AMD's 65nm process though but the major factor is the fact that it features four cores on a single 65nm die!!! It also has a much faster memory controller too. I can't wait to see this baby at it's full potential.

nope penryn is a mobile version of wolfdale (thats intel's desktop quad-cores)

wolfdale is a 45nm process quad-core

Phenom (they've ditched the Athlon name.... its about time ;)) is the actual name of the line of AMD's Quad-cores (k10) which are 65nm.. there are also Opteron's and FX's (but those still hav ethe same name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom