Free RAM? o.O

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
Could be part of a bundle promotion you weren't aware of or like you said, a packaging mistake, either way, you got pretty lucky, I'm running a pair of Platinum Rev2's and they work like magic.

If it is part of a bundle promo, I indeed wasn't aware of it, and they don't have it marked on their site, lol. Too bad it wasn't on the packing invoice, cuz there's a $35 rebate on the memory sticks too xD.

Lol, yeah xD. Just hope they dont somehow find out what happened and charge me for it xD.

Yeah, I know I should. I thought about it a few minutes after I realized it had come in the box. A battle between my conscience, and my want to keep the free RAM...lol...

I was reading some of the reviews of those sticks...and some were saying to make sure your mobo supports a native voltage of 2.1v...And the G.Skill pair that I had paid for say 1.8v-2.0v for voltage. So, now that I look at it more closely...will the OCZ pair infact work? Because looking at that, it looks like that I may not be able to mix the two RAM module sets (usually not a good idea to mix brands anyway, I know, but they'll each be in separate channels). The mobo I have is the Gigabyte P35-DS3R.

haha, or order half of the ram you want, then tell newegg they shipped you the wrong one and send back the free one and get them to mail you the other half. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom