intel or AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

compy

Daemon Poster
ok, i wanna buil a mid level gaming comp. i'm 15 so money is a bit limited. should i get and AMD prossecor, or an intel, what kind? what is the differnce between and AMD and an intel? also what kind of MOBO should i get with that one, i would like to stick with an MSI MOBO but if there is somthing better out there tell. please guys, put your two cents in.:D

what is the differnce between an AMD prossecor and an Intel prossecor?

AMD have shorter pipelines so they can handle more instructions per seconds, and Intels have longer pipelines, which they try to make up for with high clock speeds, which then makes them good for video editing, so if your gonna be gaming you want an AMD and if you gonna be doing mostly video editing and some gaming then Intel is for you

oh ok so the AMD it is, and the atlon 64 is the best gaming one and the 3000+ is the best for my buck?

I wouldn't advise getting a Athlon 64 socket 754 as they offer little features (no dual channel support). The New Socket 939 chips, like the A-64 3500+ offers Dual Channel Memory support, but are quite pricey ($500). You should just go with the Athlon XP or P4 Northwood for now until the prices drop.

I agree, you said that your just gonna make a mid level gaming PC anyway so you don't wanna go all out and get the 64bit proc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom