CPU questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
I dont get why it says my core speed is 1600 mhz when its supposed to be like 2400 mhz ( guessing some multiplier stuff ). Anyone wanna give me a brief run down? Also whats the diff between Bus speed and FSB?

Attachments

• CPUZ pic.JPG
    CPUZ pic.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 54
The Bus Speed is the actual frequency, that the FSB is running at. The Rated FSB, is the real effective frequency of the FSB, since the FSB of Intel processors, are quad pumped, to increase it's efficiency.

Your processor speed is reading 1.6GHz instead of 2.4GHz, because it is throttling down to save power, when the CPU is not in use, or idle. To stop this, go into your BIOS' advanced menu, and disable C1E and EIST. These are power saving features, that throttle your CPU's speed down, to save power.

oh alright I remember reading about speed step somewhere, forgive my ignorance and lazyness to google the answer. Since I started this thread I might as well make some use of it with another question, whats the purpose of the changing the cpu/ram ratio when OCing?

The Bus Speed is the actual frequency, that the FSB is running at. The Rated FSB, is the real effective frequency of the FSB, since the FSB of Intel processors, are quad pumped, to increase it's efficiency.

Your processor speed is reading 1.6GHz instead of 2.4GHz, because it is throttling down to save power, when the CPU is not in use, or idle. To stop this, go into your BIOS' advanced menu, and disable C1E and EIST. These are power saving features, that throttle your CPU's speed down, to save power.

Yes the power saving changes your multiplier to save power. But as many know I am the 66 fahrenheit a/c man :D . I use craploads of power anyway, so i turned it off. And it's better having it off.

Yeah, my laptop does the same thing when run CPU-Z. It was half of the speed advertised, but spikes when you do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom