amd athlon 64 X2 4200+ overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you. I did that 1.30v and the computer got so close to the desktop. I logged in but it restarted before the desktop. I think its heating up so I am going to redo the thermal paste since it still has the same thermal paste on from the factory cause I never took that paste off.

got it to 2.38Ghz but can't go any further without getting the BSOD.
What should I do? If I want to overclock more do I need better cooling? I am using the Zalman CNPS7000B.

I just played some games for about 30 minutes on high settings and the computer is fine at 2.38Ghz and the vcore is at auto the ram is at 800 cause I didn't overclock much, and the ht is at 4x

umm I guess I should always replace the thermal grease like you guys told me to. I just replaced it on my graphics card and the temp went from 42ºC load to 24ºC load. If I could just overclock the graphics card that would be sweet.

did you drop the ram down to 667, or is it running at 800?
you're missing something...i could overclock my windsor 4200 to like 2.75-2.8 stable.

I did have it at 667 but since I couldn't get it to go to far I just put the ram back to 800 and overclocked a tad like 215mhz or something.

drop the ram, ht multiplier, and see how high you can get on stock voltage. once you reach that point, dont mess with ram or ht multi, just up the voltage a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom