Big Problem - Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

IridetheShortBus

Baseband Member
Ok, I built about 3 weeks ago.. all was going well, untill 2 days ago.. I shut down my computer every night, well.. the next morning when I went to go turn it back on.. the computer itself would turn on, but nothing would pop up on my monitor... I looked inside the case while turned on, and the reasoning was because my processor fan wasn't turning on.. which wouldn't start the computer. So now, what I have to do to start my computer. Is unplug the plug on the back.. turn off the power supply untill light goes out, then put back in plug, turn on power supply again.. and start it again untill the fan starts spinning, which usually takes 2-3 tries.. What is causing this? problem with my HSF? Or my power supply?.. and, what I am doing.. is it bad for my computer? Simply unplugging the back and turning off the power supply.. then 5 minutes later turning it back on?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Make sure all the connections are tight and secure. Try plugging your CPU fan, to another 3-pin fan header, on the motherboard.

You can do that now, if you want. I don't think it will damage the system, by constantly unplugging and plugging, but it's not practical.

well, i did do that.. and now everytime i start up the cpu fan spins fine, but still nothing coming up on monitor... and now it wont work at all.. im on my bros comp right now.. this really sucks.. any ideas?

also, sometimes when i turn it on, right after i turn it on, it shuts back off automatically and starts back up again 3 seconds later.. is this a problem with my power supply?

It would probably be more helpful, if you can tell us, the specs of your system.

Do you have a spare PSU to try out and whittle down what the problem is? Basically, start replacing them one by one to see which one was/is causing the problem. But if you have no extra parts then it's hard to do that, of course. Have you also check all the wiring? a wrong placement might cause this problem. I would suggest go ing with the HSF first, if you need to replace something... al least that would be a little cheaper at the start.

I'm running a q6600 and a 8800gts 320mb on a 500w xclio, i know that was pushing it in the first place, but my brother has the exact same build as me.. well he actually has 4gb of ram while i only have 2, and his pc runs like a champ.. while mine doesn't..

Are you overclocking? What HSF do you have? I would do what Nukem suggested, if you can try out another PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom