here is my list to fix n rebuild my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
it's now time for me to list the products i want to buy, once i get the money, since someone months ago wanted me to list parts so im doing it now :).

since ive been looking for a job for a year now, ive finally got a job at Coldstone! Now i calculated that if i get 25 hrs a week n get paid $7.50 for 3-4 months, then i should have about over $2000 last time i calculated to get all the parts im about to list.

This includes the upcoming Phenom x4/FX n a RD790 or RD780 with one AM2+ socket: support for 2 graphics cards, both PCI-E 2.0, n at least 2 PCI slots for use, n last but not least either the R670 or R700. If not, then ill just get the high-end 9 series. All im missing is the graphics card, CPU, n mobo on my list:

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Case: GIGABYTE 3D Aurora 570 GZ-FA1CA-ASB Black 1.0 mm Aluminum body ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail
RAM: CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Monitor: SAMSUNG 216BW Black-Silver 21" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 3000:1(1000:1) - Retail
PSU: SeaSonic M12 SS-700HM ATX12V/EPS12V, 80Plus, RoHS, Dual-Fan, 2PCI-E( 6Pin), 2PCI-E( 6+2Pin) 700W Power Supply - Retail
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail
(really, i need a good sound card that has good Vista drivers, n i think this one has some, plus it's kind a cheap)
Speakers: Cyber Acoustics A-3780rb 180 watts 2.1 Subwoofer and Satellite Speaker System - Retail
Heatsink & Fan: ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM
Graphics card: R670, or R700, or high-end 9 series.
CPU: AMD Phenom x4/FX *high-end*, AM2+ socket, quad-core CPU
Motherboard: RD790 or RD780 with 2 x PCI-E 2.0 Crossfire, 2 PCI, 1 CPU AM2+ socket

Price = almost $1400, without CPU, mobo, n graphics card

so guys........what do u think?

I would recommend the thermaltake armor case as its slightly cheaper and more tried and true

Cyber Acoustics A-3780rb 180 watts 2.1 Subwoofer and Satellite Speaker System - Retail

change that to the logitech Z 5.1 for 70 bucks.
Check slickdeals.net
i wanna get them but i have no reason to.
Consider those before these 85 bucks 2.1s...

and btw, ur plannin to spend your 4 months worth of paycheck on a comp...?

no no im good with the speakers i have. The ones i currently have r messed up, they're some Logictech Z-2200 n it's like over 100w i believe n gives awesome bass sound. The only problem is that the right speaker crackles everytime i use them n i cant fix it. Their old n need to be replaced!

for the RAM u choose, its cool, but i would rather have the ones i picked out; side note, the Corsair has .1v less then Crucial OMGZ, rofl!

as for PCI-E 2.0, i can wait, i have patience. Like i said, i might get the R670 n i dont think it's 2.0 either, im just playing the waiting game :p.

Cyber Acoustics A-3780rb 180 watts 2.1 Subwoofer and Satellite Speaker System - Retail

change that to the logitech Z 5.1 for 70 bucks.
Check slickdeals.net
i wanna get them but i have no reason to.
Consider those before these 85 bucks 2.1s...

and btw, ur plannin to spend your 4 months worth of paycheck on a comp...?

uh ya, FYI if i dont, then i probably wont for a long time, because i have NOTHING to pay for as far as insurance, im still driving n im 18.

lol no need, im good with 2.1 thank u; plus those speakers u mentioned wont have enough "bass" to them. From the comments of the 2.1, it has plenty of bass which i like ^_^, so thx for trying to help out.

Curious why you are planning a Phenom build when we know nothing of how it performs yet?

because from all the details that has be uncovered so far, n Apokalipse's explaination about Phenom x4 in a thread a while back, it has convinced me to get it. U dont think Phenom can outperform intel's chips? Shame on u.

hope amd and nvidia/ ATi get their new products out before you do the build.

well im waiting for rest of the products to come out, so i can order the stuff at the same time instead one by one.

i actually can get the monitor i want from Circuit City n my bro works there n will get a good discount off it, so i dont need to order it off newegg.com n pay shipping.

you should post your build thread after the products are released...we have no idea what mobo, proc, or gpu to recommend...

because from all the details that has be uncovered so far, n Apokalipse's explaination about Phenom x4 in a thread a while back, it has convinced me to get it. U dont think Phenom can outperform intel's chips? Shame on u.

You're counting your eggs before they've hatched. Remember how everyone was like "OMFGZ mang the R600 is going to pwn the G80 in every way".

...and now? It's a decent GPU but the 8800GTS is the better buy....and it can't even compete with the GTX which everyone said it would destroy.

My point is wait until there are at least some preliminary benchmarks before committing to buy something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom