Is this Video card decent for gamiing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and both the 8600 and 2600 perform SO well in DX10

They won't be able to handle high resolutions, or intense image quality. But they aren't bad cards. The 8600 performs the same in DX9 as DX10 in well coded games, just not in poorly ported games that came out not too long ago.

Personally, I would get the higher end from last generation (7900GS/x1950pro) if you are buying right now. If you can wait a while, wait til X-mas. Supposedly, nVidia will be releasing some new cards soon. It should eventually push the 8800GTS down in price, which is a great card.

IMO those cards are junk for dx10...just get the 8800 series or wait for the g92 series to comeout in a few months.

This is only if you want to game in dx10.

wow thnx for all comments , i was just wondering if i should go with sapphire or to stick with OEM ati . im not much of a money spender but the price is what caught my interest , so i might sell my old one to my friend and buy the Sapphire ATI RADEON HD 2600XT 256MB DDR3

for gaming , not that much but this is waht i got: Test Drive Unlimited, Scarface, Godfather, Swat4, etc,etc

im planning of selling the whole rig for $550, but i might think of upgrading it , not sure

too bad they dont sell 553Mhz ddr2 ram around here :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom