Nvidia G92 is the 8700GTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
personally I would buy the 320 but IMO its too early to call the 640mb one worthless, at very high resolutions with AF or AA it helps in some of todays games, in games of the future it could possibly help smooth out stutters on games with huge levels or tons of texture detail.

QFT, same way I feel too. I hate how just 1 example of a 320mb GTS vs the 640 in results test makes everyone think vram is useless. This kinda happened with the whole P5N-E 650i vs the 680i. Just cause the 650i barely won 1 SLI test, everyone thought it was light years ahead of the 680i mobo.

eVGA step up plan. That reminds me, i gotta register the card today.

you do realize when they charge you the cards they are using MSRP prices ( which are ALWAYS higher then retail prices )...so do the math before you think the step up program is such a great plan

are the 8700s gonna be better in performance or graphics in anyways compared to the 8800s?

no...cause if it was they wouldn't call it an 8700...too me this card is kinda unnecessary but I guess they wanted to fill the gap between the 8600s and 8800s ( which was a HUGE gap ). Still thought the least I would recommend is a GTS, and the most I would recommend is an ultra if the prices are near a GTX.

QFT, same way I feel too. I hate how just 1 example of a 320mb GTS vs the 640 in results test makes everyone think vram is useless. This kinda happened with the whole P5N-E 650i vs the 680i. Just cause the 650i barely won 1 SLI test, everyone thought it was light years ahead of the 680i mobo.

ever heard of the edit button ;)

I can't tell you how many people I've heard say "wait for the 9 series this november". Online and in person at two seperate comptuer stores, and now look what's happening. An 8700GTS. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom