New build not working, need help ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
scews.jpg

The gold one, is a standoff screw. The standoffs need to be screwed onto the motherboard tray first. The other, is the screw you use, to fasten the motherboard onto those standoffs.

I tried re doing everything, now my mobo isnt touching the tray, it stands on the stand off screws and still same thing happened. I plugged my gfx card back on to my old pc and it runs fine....im kinda worried about the idle temps are 62.
Im going to set up an 120 fan next to it to keep it cool. Im just doing this to test some games. Hopefully it will be ok with the fsp 450w psu i have. Im going to buy the board again and send this one back, they said theyre gonna upgrade the shipping for free so ill get it on monday.

Do you guys think i should still try something else or just get the new mobo....and is it safe with the fsp psu for just 3-4 days?

The FSP 450W that you have, meets more than the minimum, for the 8800GTS. So you don't have to worry there.

That really blows, after you tried all that. Maybe it was the motherboard that was possibly damaged, through it being shorted out. RMA, and see what happens.

NEW EGG ROCK!!!...
Well i had to reorder it and they upgraded me to next day shipping for free so it will arrive on monday.

If i had called yesterday morning, it would be here today!!!.
NEw egg is great in customer service...

Ill be taking out my mobo today, i did realise a problem with the acfp...i will loose the pase sinceits already touching, unless its ok since i havent even turned the cpu on...

One of the pins did seem stuck on the mobo, so hopefully i dont have to use force.
Ill just show you a picture after i get everything out of the mobo...so you can confirm if i did everything right with the way i set the screws.

...i guess...
hopefully this time i dont do anything stupid and i get done with it faster than last.

I have my case all set up...hdd,dvd,psu,extra fan...

I had my wires all nicely set up, now everythingis a mess.
My room is a mess.

I'm confused. Did you not build your temp amd pc? If so, did you not use those standoffs that go under the mb?

Anyway, newegg is cool. No questions asked when returning stuff. Good luck

his case like mine may have come with stand offs already on the tray, if they wernt they're i may have done th same thing :D

well when i built the amd...the case i got was from my manager...i think it already had those on....

Thats the thing, i have never built one from scratch...i guess everything else except setting up the case.

Mine didnt have any screws on.
Ill post pics once i take out the mobo, and let me know if i've done it right, i dont wanna risk messing the new mobo, im sick of waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom