Question about the Q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Apparently, there are the B3 and GO stepping with this particular core. Now, if you were to shop on Newegg, how in the world would you know if you're buying a GO Stepping or B3 Stepping Q6600?

I think most of the B3's are gone on Newegg. Or maybe I just got really lucky when I ordered a couple weeks ago. :)

I only know of tankguys and clubit, but ClubIT has the cheapest so far.

I don't really understand why the G0 are still so hyped.

I mean sure they run a bit cooler, but it's already been shown they can only OC a tiny bit better then the B3.

I don't really understand why the G0 are still so hyped.

I mean sure they run a bit cooler, but it's already been shown they can only OC a tiny bit better then the B3.

I agree. But the TDP drop from 105w to 95w is very impressive. Save a little bit of money on power, or OC higher, depending what you prefer. :p

The g0 also has a thermal limit of 71 where as the b3 has a thermal limit of 61, so not only do they run cooler, but they can overclock and take more heat. Ok i'll put it to you this way as to "why they are so hyped". Assume you were going to a dealership to buy a car. You look at 2 identical cars. Car 1 has 200hp and gets 30mpg and costs 20000. Car 2 has 210hp and gets 35mpg and costs 20000 dollars. Which one would you buy?

The g0 also has a thermal limit of 71 where as the b3 has a thermal limit of 61, so not only do they run cooler, but they can overclock and take more heat. Ok i'll put it to you this way as to "why they are so hyped". Assume you were going to a dealership to buy a car. You look at 2 identical cars. Car 1 has 200hp and gets 30mpg and costs 20000. Car 2 has 210hp and gets 35mpg and costs 20000 dollars. Which one would you buy?

To add on to your analogy:

However, most dealers don't know the difference between the 2 cars. They are both the same model year, with the same engine, only car 2 is slightly modified. For the most part it is just luck when it comes to getting the right one.

True, except that there are dealers that DO know the difference and are willing to make sure you get the newer model :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom