Tuniq tower fixed! Warning to the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
Thankyou to whoever told me to try a different mobo plug, cause I did, and as soon as I started it up I instantly noticed the tuniq was far louder then usual ( before I couldn't even hear it at max rpm which was 1100, min being 490 ) but now its running at 2000 rpm max and 1000 low ( these are the correct operational rpms ). I was looking around a bit and found a few others on different forums that had the same problem and thought their tuniq tower sucked. Not true! Its just not getting enough juice out of some mobo 3 pin plugs

Frankly I'm surprised at the large amount of people who didn't figure this out before, since I guess its not that common for people to check rpms in bios and just assume its running correctly if its running. I just hope no damage was done to my q6600 g0 when it was running at 500 rpm ( although core temp said the temps of my chips never went above 50 celcius and I set a mobo alarm for 60 celcius threshold ).

Now I just have to figure out why my mobo does a long beep during shut down...

oh and temps seemed to drop 2-3 celcius at idle, thought some say the differance will be more dramatic at load

NOTE: Tuniq towers tech support is HORRIBLE if existant at all. They only have e-mail tech support ( under the wrong name ) and when I e-mailed them they took more then a week to respond with this message: "Your tuniq tower is broken"

Just that...can you friggin believe that? My e-mail to them was like 3 paragraphs long and they just reply with that...What kind of tech support crap is that...horrible company...decent product

I went back and looked at who helped me and it was san21893, thanks again for the suggestion!

:D YES first major achievement, helping someone WOOO. I had a similar problem my 4 pin header wasn't getting enough juice or was just completely broken, the fan would move like an inch on startup then not move at all.

EVGA isn't bad just dont call during their lunch time or at midnight.

i called to ask a guy about setting up my RAID. he had no clue WTF i was talking about. so i went online and got my answer

othertimes they've been very helpful answering my questions

when i was trying to set up the special ethernet features of my 590SLI...the guy had no idea where he was...let alone what i was talking about lol.
they are not bad in the fact that yes, a real person (who typically doesnt know sh*t) answers the phone. the second time i called, i felt like i had accidentally mis-dialed and gotten Popeye's Fried Chicken or something.
maybe i just got the bad egg (or the bad piece of chicken lmao) of evga's tech support.
all other problems/questions since then i have just figured out myself.

lol sounds like they share an office with evga's tech support.

I disagree with you here, I like EVGAs tech support, all the reps I spoke too were americans and helped me to the best of their ability even offering un-standard advice like getting Rivatuner. Tuniq doesnt even have phone tech support!

to each his own i guess...
although i am basing this on only a couple of calls. seems like one of them, i had to actually ask the guy to stop eating doritos/cheetos/ruffles whatever tasty chip it may have been.
i still buy their products because they are well made. their tech support makes my head hurt. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom