960 vs 1150 ddr2

Status
Not open for further replies.
1150mhz... definitely... but i think u can get better timings at 1150mhz with those magicstix :)

Probably not. Mine wasn't stable with CAS4 timings, when I had the speed at 1200.

Mine wont boot or get a blue screen if i go 4-4-4-12 at 1000MHz, I can go to 5-5-5-12 timing though but dont want to mess my ram up cuz 3 different cycles at 5ns each is 15ns so better keep it at 5-5-5-15 than 5-5-5-12.

But my RAM is running at PC2-5300 at bios post message at 1000MHz but if i go up to 1200MHz 5-5-5-15 timing, it shows PC2-6400 but windows wont load, i get a blue screen.

ok, so my system is at the specs in my sig, but then i upped the ram speed to 1050mhz and it wont load. the system will turn on, but no display and it will sometimes shut itself down in a few seconds. I've tried taking out the CMOS battery and putting it back in, turn off my power supply, running on 1 stick of ram, switching slots, none of which have worked. any suggestions?

1150mhz... definitely... but i think u can get better timings at 1150mhz with those magicstix :)

I would think he would see increased performance with the tighter timings from the 960. the ram speed isn't your bottle neck even at 800. I suggest running 1:1 or close to and get the tightest timings you can. I've seen tests on Hardforum (which I can't find now, but I will look), that show tighter timings vs faster speed and the timings come out a little ahead. It will also produce less heat and increase the ram's life span. Overall the difference will be minimal.

^^agreed^^
tighter timings/lower speed are easier on your ram. you will notice a difference between tight/low vs loose/high on benchmarks like super pi and 3dm06. but not a very big difference. it is there, though.

^^agreed^^
tighter timings/lower speed are easier on your ram. you will notice a difference between tight/low vs loose/high on benchmarks like super pi and 3dm06. but not a very big difference. it is there, though.
loose/high is higher score for intel
and tight/low is higher score for AMD?

Your ram runs in sync with your FSB so if you FSB is not at 575, running your ram at 1150 will not make a difference as your FSB will be the bottleneck. Clock your ram according to what CPU your buying. Typically if you have a lower multiplier on your CPU you will want better ram (asuming overclock). With High multi CPUs you probably wont need fast ram as you wont be able to raise your FSB very high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom