Nvidia G92 is the 8700GTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount of VRAM, doesn't have a large impact on the resolutions you play games at. Like the example of the 8800GTS 640MB, not giving a significant advantage over the 320MB.

obviously the 320 vs 640 isnt a good example but a increased vram definatley helps on other cards.

I've said it before and i will say it again. I am running a 8800 gts 320 at full settings on every game i have at 1920x1200 and have no slowdowns. You dont need a 640 to run 1920x1200.

personally I would buy the 320 but IMO its too early to call the 640mb one worthless, at very high resolutions with AF or AA it helps in some of todays games, in games of the future it could possibly help smooth out stutters on games with huge levels or tons of texture detail.

OK, so this announcement means I can buy an 880gtx now. Was waiting for new cards in October/November, but if they are won't be as good as the current top model, I might as well buy the 8800gtx.

im glad i just bought my 8800gts.

And wont the gtx be way betteer than the gts 640mb?

Wont it be faster and be able to support higher resolutions?

The gtx or ultra right now are the highest end cards on the market right now and that wont be changing until next year apparently. I just hope the GTX comes down a few more bucks before my 90 days is up.

"PCIe 2.0 doubles the bus standard's bandwidth from 2.5 Gbit/s to 5 Gbit/s, meaning a x32 connector can transfer data at up to 16 GB/s in each direction. PCIe 2.0 is still compatible with PCIe 1.1, so older cards will still be able to work in machines with this new version."

"PCIe 3.0's 8GT/s bit rate effectively delivers double PCIe 2.0 bandwidth....."

"The final PCIe 3.0 specifications, including form factor specification updates, may be available by late 2009, and could be seen in products starting in 2010 and beyond."

PCI Express - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom