New Build...help =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you could just reformat your computer. Fresh installs of XP actually make a system run faster.

I was using a P4 Northwood 3.0Ghz, 1GB RAM, 9800Pro until a couple weeks ago. Worked fine for everything besides playig new games.

What is bothering you the most about your computer? If it's load times just reformat Windows, tweak it for high performance, maybe get a cheap 16MB cache hard drive, then save up for a new PC.

^ that might be a good idea.. and change Windows Settings for best performance instead of appearance

no no that will deff not help lol
problem is my cpu is almost DEAD...computer constantly shutting down....constantly freezing....even when i go to "My Computer - Properties" it says "Unknown CPU type" so i kno somethin is not right...i deff need to change some stuff in the computer other then reformatting

ill try updating my BIOS but i dont think that is the cause of my computer constantly freezing....at times my CPU performance goes up to 100 and just stays like that for a while, forcing me to restart...

is there possibly a program that i can run on the computer which tells me what defective hardware there is in my system, if its running properly and all???

addition to what i was asking, i wanted to kno if there was a program that could read my RAM make sure everything is ok and not defective and also with my MB...

cuz i am worried that i dont change my board and just upgrade CPU and then there is something wrong with my MB im screwed....but again, i dnt want to waste money buying a new board (which will lead to a new cpu / possible ram) when my MB i have now is working fine.... so i just want an analysis of my system if taht is possible ???

memtest can test the ram. you can download it and run it from windows, if you can keep your rig from crashing long enough. :)
dont know of a mobo test.

Honestly, this sounds more like a software problem. I think if your CPU was defective it would probably not even start.

Check msconfig and see how much crap you have going on at startup. Check for spyware and viruses as well.

well, it could be the cpu overheating. but i would try what anthrax is suggesting first. i would also reformat my hdd and re-install windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom