New build not working, need help ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
New build not working, need help please

hey guys,
I just got my stuff yesterday and hooked everything up.

This was my first time starting from scratch and going with intel.
It took a while and when i got everything hooked up and turned the power button on, there was a wierd loud noise....it was a beep.

I figured it was the gfx card since the sound was comming from there, i took it off and the noise went....BUT

There was still no power.
I would see the fan move and then stop. Both the cpu fan and the case fan.

They would go on and off.

I tried unplugging and repluging everything, still no results.

Did i get a faulty part? or did i miss something.

The only two things that i can remember is to plug in the 24 pin cord from psu to mobo and the 4 pin.

Then i plugged in the cpu fan.

please i really need help asap and need to know whats going on.
Im going to be in class but this is my aim...
krazyq69

Try jumping the power supply. This will test, to see if the power supply is faulty.

And you this by:
- Turning off the power supply, and remove it from the outlet.
- Unplug all the components from the power supply, except the case fans.
- Take a paper clip, bend it in a U shape.
- Insert one end of the paper clip, into a green wire or pin, of the 24-pin main power connector.
- Insert the other end, into any black wire or pin, of the 24-pin main power connector.
- Now turn on the power supply, and see if the fans spin.

If they don't spin, then something is wrong with the power supply. If they do, then it could be another component, that isn't working properly.

thats what i did when i cut through my pwr on buton and had to solder it back together :D

IM at school now.
Im gonna go home and try this now.
I do the other computer that has the morton 450w psu.
Should i just try that?

Try the jumping PSU method first, to see if the 520HX is the one having the problem.

if it dosnt work then you know for sure that its faulty and you can return it

sounds to me like you have a short.
I had this problem with my very first build back in 2003. I first thought it was the power supply. After checking various sites on the net, I ran into one suggestion. To place the soft sheet of foam...you know, the one that comes with the motherboard, under the motherboard.
Anyway, I placed it under the mb and recon everything....and my first build was born.

Good luck

welll i tried the pin method and the psu fan and the case fan that was connected to it worked.

Im guessing its my mobo...
I could have damaged it while getting the acfp in...it has had for me since i wasnt sure exactly how it worked.

Unless you guys have some other testing method...
I did have a questions about the case mobo tray.
Do you have to put the screws from the back first and then the other screws from the front?

And nu2duo...what diff does the foam sheet do? why wouldnt it work without it. My other cpu has nothing below it.

I also dont know why my gfx card was beeping. I did not like the fit of it, it left part didnt lock in unless i screwed it in.

I didnt feel like my mobo was all the way in where the panels come out...idk if this could be the problem?

Speaking of shorting out. Before you screwed the motherboard onto the tray, did you put in the standoff screws first?...because if you didn't, then that would short the motherboard.

????
what are stand of screws. The book let was confusing and weak. I've never built a pc from scratch(with new case)

Do you mean i have to put the regular screws in the back...then i have to put the wierd looking screws on top of those regular screws and then put the mobo on that?

If i do that how would the mobo lock in its place?

Im so lost here...i feel stupid as heck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom