upgrade on GPU, CPU, PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
GTX...u mean the one thts like 500-600? well, hmm...but then the GTS can definitely play crysis and like the newer games right? no need for max settings as long as its comfortable and smooth. i mean i understand the logic of getting the best since ur spending anyways, but Q6600+tuniq+GTX will be about 1k...

maybe i shud just bite my wallet and grab it?

Well you're using a 32" TV, which I know, has a low resolution of 1366 x 768. And a GTX will go to waste, if you play with it, on a low resolution. The GTS will play Crysis really smooth, on that 32" TV.

I never heard of that brand, Abrevia. Are you sure that's the right spelling?...because I know there is Olevia.

lol yea olevia lol. 232H very very old old model. what troubles me more is the CPU...i mean i dont know if this is real but there is a new line of quad cores coming out in NOV right? dont know whether or not to just get a Q6600 or wiat til the new ones come out and then splurge.

There is a new line of CPUs coming out. And that is the AMD Phenom processors. They will come in X2 and X4, being dual core and quad core, respectively.

Intel's new quad core (Yorkfield), will be released, sometime early next year.

hmm...i guess @^#@ the wait then...well umm, crossfire isnt necessary right? since theres a 40% decrease in performance?

GTX...u mean the one thts like 500-600?

Yeah, pricey, I know. If I lived in the US, I might consider getting one (they are $650 minimum in the UK).

I personally feel that as long as games run with reasonable loading times and framerates, I'm not so worried about graphics, and it sounds like you have a similar view. (****, I still play games on my 486, and think a lot of them are better than some of the graphics driven crap that gets passed of as games these days).

as for the new CPU architecture worry, don't forget that prices will be sky high when they are released. My philosophy is that buying anything less than 6 months after release is silly because:

1)huge markup, as there are enough people who just want the best, and are quite happy getting robbed
2)it takes a while for people to iron out flaws, update BIOSes etc.
3)it takes a while for people to review the stuff, and find out if it is actually worth getting.

I am in the same position, it is time for a new build, but should I wait? I reckon its not such a good idea to wait for anything, as technology advances far too fast to be able to afford the best of everything all the time. I am just going to buy the best that I can now, and that should do me for 2 years or so.

hmm...i guess @^#@ the wait then...well umm, crossfire isnt necessary right? since theres a 40% decrease in performance?

40% decrease in performance? I think you meant increase. But it's still not needed.

Yeah, pricey, I know. If I lived in the US, I might consider getting one (they are $650 minimum in the UK).

I personally feel that as long as games run with reasonable loading times and framerates, I'm not so worried about graphics, and it sounds like you have a similar view. (****, I still play games on my 486, and think a lot of them are better than some of the graphics driven crap that gets passed of as games these days).

as for the new CPU architecture worry, don't forget that prices will be sky high when they are released. My philosophy is that buying anything less than 6 months after release is silly because:

1)huge markup, as there are enough people who just want the best, and are quite happy getting robbed
2)it takes a while for people to iron out flaws, update BIOSes etc.
3)it takes a while for people to review the stuff, and find out if it is actually worth getting.

You have a good point there, about not getting a product, when they first release, because of prices and reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom