First time builder

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidsteve

Daemon Poster
well ok i am new here (woots for me) and i got a few questions that i been looking for that i am kind of stuck with

as the title says i am a first time builder, i have done plents of graphice card up dates thou

the questions are as follows

1. Bios, when you first turn on the computer (after built befor install windows) dose this need installing from the garound up or is it on the mother board already and i just have to tweak it

2. if it is on the mother board how do i tweak it with no over clock but with a nice gameing set up

3. I am looking at building a 1 maby 2 pc's befor i try my hand at 1 i will be keeping for good and was wondering if you guys / girls could help me with suggesting parts / programs ect ect

4. 1 question about windows vista, dose it run windows xp games

Hey solidsteve
Welcome-to-TF.png

I'm glad you'll be building, and not buying a pre-built computer.

You don't need to install the BIOS, it's already on the motherboard.

If you're not overclocking, you can just leave the BIOS, as is. No need to tweak it.

I'd be glad to suggest parts. Just give me a budget.

Most current games run on Vista. It's the older games, that have trouble. Or you can read this thread, about known games not to work on Vista:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f15/list-games-known-not-work-vista-152824/

The popular UK sites to buy computer parts from, are ebuyer.com, overclockers.co.uk, and scan.co.uk. If you can't buy from those sites, I understand. If you have no set budget, what would you prefer to pay then? I'm assuming, this will be a gaming computer.

i would have a budget of £600 - £1200

i can push it a bit more but i am looking for a good pc for that

Oh...and is this for a whole system? Or just the tower, not including monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc...

Case - Antec 900 or Your choice...
Motherboard - Gigabyte P35-DS3R
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
RAM - 2 x 1GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800
Graphic Card - EVGA 8800GTS 320MB
Power Supply - Corsair 620HX
Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB
Optical Drive - Sony NEC Optiarc DVD Burner
Optional Aftermarket HSF - Tuniq 120

Comes to around 850+ pounds. There isn't a need to spend 1200 pounds on a rig now, because there will be new things to upgrade to. So just save the rest for future upgrades.

I didn't pick the key and mouse, because I thought, you can pick them yourself. Also the case is of personal preference, so you can pick one, to your liking. The one I suggested is a pretty popular case, and will keep things really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom