Hows this for a gaming comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanhalen

Solid State Member
case- Cooler master stacker 810 case (black) or Antec 900
DVD burner- Asus DRW-1814BLT SATA DVD writer (black). X 2
Soundcard- Creative Soundblaster X-FI XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro
Motherboard- EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 Nvidia Nforce 680i chipset SLI socket 775 motherboard
CPU cooling- Tuniq Tower 120 LFB Cooler
RAM- G.skil 2GB (Gskill 1GB x 2) DDR 2 800 (PC6400 - 6400PHU2-2GBHZ) 4-4-4-12 Ram
CPU- Intel core 2 Quad core CPU Q6600 2.4Ghz (1066FSB, 2x4MB Cache GO Chip)
OS- Microsoft windows xp Home edition (OEM)
Graphics card- MSI NVidia Geforce 8800GTX overclocked 768Mb PCI express Graphics card
Hard drive- Seagate 250GB (ST3250620AS) 7200.10 SATA II Hard drive 16MB cache 7200RPM
Power supply- Silverstone ST75F 750W power supply unit

case can be more of preference most of the time but since you could save money 900 FTW!
sound card is great, but consider an xtreme music, as fatal1ty products usually rip off.
ditch the 680i. alot of money for nuthin. if u really want a nvidia chipset get the 650i, the 16x sli has no extra performance. i would rec. a gigabyte ds3r or if u desperatley need sli i thinktheres a asus p5k edition that has sli.
Gskill HZ's are great, also consider crucial ballistix if they are available.
q6600, nuthin more to be said
Since i no u live in Australia yes, the msi overcloked edition comes cheaper than most standard gtx's so great choice.
get the 320GB (betetr bang for ur buck)
750w is huge overkill. prob look at maybe a 560w modular edition from silverstone or a corsair 620hx

If there is an ASUS P5K board that supports SLI, I have yet to hear about it.

680i is not such a bad idea, eVGA is a good one if you are set on that chipset.

That said, unless you really want SLI, I would recommend going with the P35 chipset, the Asus P5K deluxe wifi or Gigabyte P35-DS3R.

one 8800GTX should be more than enough for a good while anyway, and there is limited gain for much cash if you choose SLI.

Maybe 2x HDs or 1 larger one, I have yet to own a computer where I didn't think 'How will I ever use this much HD space?' and found later that I needed more.

case can be more of preference most of the time but since you could save money 900 FTW!
sound card is great, but consider an xtreme music, as fatal1ty products usually rip off.
ditch the 680i. alot of money for nuthin. if u really want a nvidia chipset get the 650i, the 16x sli has no extra performance. i would rec. a gigabyte ds3r or if u desperatley need sli i thinktheres a asus p5k edition that has sli.
Gskill HZ's are great, also consider crucial ballistix if they are available.
q6600, nuthin more to be said
Since i no u live in Australia yes, the msi overcloked edition comes cheaper than most standard gtx's so great choice.
get the 320GB (betetr bang for ur buck)
750w is huge overkill. prob look at maybe a 560w modular edition from silverstone or a corsair 620hx

Hang on, he's proposing basically the same system that you have! Why all the suggestions of changes??

coz i was noob wen i made mine i would trade my 680i for a ds3r ne day. and it might not be p5k, but there is a p35 that has sli. not sure which one. but yes evga 680i is expensive. and p35 chipset o/c better and cheaper. so 680i not needed. i just dont see the understanding of buying another gtx (or ne card) for downwards of 40% increase.

Yep, well I agree with every point you've made. Although I don't think there is a P35 with SLI; Nvidia don't tend to do that kind of thing with other people's chipsets

Anyway, regardless, your PC is still pretty **** kick ***.

Nvidia hasn't really granted Intel, the SLI license, to use on their chipsets. So there is no P35 chipset, that supports SLI. Only Crossfire. I've heard that the X38 won't support SLI either. But it's not certain yet.

nice, get the antec 900 case, and maybe artic cooling for a cpu heater, and btw, no vista? and what size monitor are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom