G skill hz RAM 800 or 1066?

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh anyways is g skill hz the best for overclocking? I want the best out of overclocking so my main point of buying RAM is overclocking and upgrading to 2gigs of RAM rather than 1G which i currently have.

ye get the HZ its what I have but having issues with it right now, I dont think its G.Skill's problem though, i think my overclock's problem, but its running faster right now compared to when I fixed the problem. So ye, get the G.Skill, im planning to get another set in like ten days once I find out what my new address is going to be :D

I wouldn't say it's the best, but one of the best. I don't know how it is over there in Hong Kong, but in the US, the Crucial Ballistix are much much cheaper than the HZs. And they overclock just as good, if not, better than the HZs. I can take my Ballistix DDR2-800 to DDR2-1200, no problem.

Hey bigapl lol i'm in school actually and yeah how about the corsair dominators? are they good? also the crucial ballistix seems good too. I just want the best overclocking ram out there.

There isn't one set of RAM, that is the best. More like, there are top sets for overclocking. The Dominators are overpriced, in my opinion. But the best set of RAM, for overclocking in terms of price/performance ratio?...definitely the Crucial Ballistix. Although I'm not sure, if the price applies to those in Hong Kong. So just get which ever is cheaper, and available.

You're not gonna find the Ballistix in HK. Crucial isn't here. You can get the GSkill HZ's in Wanchai 298 but they're 1400HK, or 180 USD. HK is way overpriced on RAM and has crap options for PSU's. Best options I could find for RAM were the ones I have and some OCZ's which can be found in Mongkok Computer Center. Also, the PSU I have listed below has some great specs and has been running very well thus far for me. If you're Chinese maybe they'll give you some better prices but that's what I'm told and I wouldn't know.

Those XMS2 Cas 4s are pretty decent. What is the farthest you've taken them, Pdawg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom