$100 W00t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i had a random $100 thrown my way, and need a way to spend it. I have to get a new dvd drive, thats mandatory, but im looking for a new mouse and keyboard. $100 shipped. Period. Not 100 before. nope. $100. just made sure i got that ground in there pretty good.

Well, my thing is, I like the microsoft natural keyboards, but the problem is, they are like all wireless, which I am trying to keep away from. I have a decent keyboard that works for now, but I will have this new desk done in woodshop in the next couple weeks, by the 21st for sure, because thats when it is due. So I am looking for things that will compliment it. By febuary of next year, I Should have a LCD tossed my way, so im good on that. My runner up keyboard from the MS Natural is this but Its a little too wide. What I am looking for is a keyboard that has volume up, down, play, pause, track back, and track forward. I cant stress on this enough. my old keyboard broke, and even tho I got almost the identical kb, it doesnt have the media controlls, and every time i want to change the song I have to exit out of my game and change it manually.

Option 2:

I might get the G5 laser mouse, battlefield 2142 edition, both because I want a new mouse, and i need a new game. thing is: i know the button's are programmable, but is it possible to set the buttons to control media player? on the mouse alone it would be nice to have play, and track forward, just for always on hand controls. Also, I will not touch wireless with a 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000ft long pole. hate it. lost games, dont like getting a head shot because the wireless cuts and i dont see the sniper hiding over the ridge behind the tree.

I have this one, just in usb.

Here are my mice options, or something similar, that is laser, wired, and black.
I don't like bar shapes, egronomic mice, tall, or boxy mice. just a standard, semi-oval mouse. heavy sucks, I perfer light mouse. lol, i guess I do kinda act like a gamer when it comes to my mouse! lol

Newegg.com - Logitech Battlefield 2142 G5 /Software bundle Edition - Retail

Newegg.com - Targus AMU14US Black/Silver 5 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Wired Laser 800 dpi Desktop Mouse - Retail

Newegg.com - IOGEAR GME521 Black/Gray 5 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Wired Laser 1600 dpi Mouse - Retail

Newegg.com - Logitech G3 931691-0403 2-Tone 5 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Wired Laser 2000 dpi Mouse - Retail

All of those mice above I like. Any of those good? (i know the G3, and G5 are good.) the targus and G3 top my list, but the g5 is popular and comes with a good game, so suggestions?

otherwise that, im getting some fans, a tv tuner, fan controller, set of cheap speakers, some lightscribe disks, case for my zune, and a memory card for my psp.

What about the Logitech MX518? In my opinion, one of the best wired mouses, for the price. I own this mouse, and will never use another one. It's smooth, light, fits well with most hands. Has two side buttons too.

I have a microsoft comfort wireless keyboard/mouse and I simply love it...it is very "comfortable" ;)

Its like...ergonomical, but not extremely so.

the g7/razer wireless mouses these days DO not have doggy performance. prob not quite as good as a wired tho

I have no problem with wireless, use to game with it, prob is the batts.

And I have use a microsoft comfort mouse before, pretty good mice, for like web browsing and stuff, i cant get that thing around the mosue pad as fast as my current mouse, and the way i have to hold it, it pushes my little ring finger onto the right button, where i like to have my middle finger on it, and use my index for the scroll and main button. (I kinda hold a mouse sideways)

dude I would totally get that mx revolution if it was wired, but it has a dock, thats a major plus, my other wireless had a freaking battery pack that you had to remove, so i retrofitted my old mouse with a 3.5mm headphone jack, and wired it up so I could switch it to charge to charge it, or switch it to run, and have the batt pack on the base and run the mouse off of the charger. that was pretty sweet. I wish all wireless did that, but no switch, just automatically, like the laser will randomly check for movement, and when not checking, charging, but when moved, it will go to full mode, so even when in use, like if you pause for a bit to read something it will switch to charge, and when done, remove the wire, and be fully wireless again.

just a concept that would kick ***

my g7 has two batteries that you can hot swap.
i love it.
but, i wont say i hvaent been paying attention to the battery indicator...and all of the sudden i cant turn left right or shoot....BANG bye bye nagasama.
but, the batteries do eventually have to be placed back on the charger.
g5 is close to the same, i think it has the side buttons. g7 only has one.
IMO, BF2142 sucks. a lot of people like it, tho.

I have a g5. No complaints. Has one side button on the left. I use it for re-loading. I think it was $46, The mx518 is a great mouse to from what I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom