A good lga 775 cooler ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtowns

In Runtime
Im looking for a good lga 775 cooler... i dont wanna spend anymore then $ 50 i currently have a pentium d 935 3.2ghz & was gonna try & overclock it & i think soon im gonna be buying a core 2 duo of some kind , also i need some info on overclocking my bios dosnt seem to have a setting to control the voltages so the only way i can overclock is my tweaking the bus speed ... i can take the bus speed up to 232 .... does changing the bus speed also effect the ram speed ? because i only wanna overclock the cpu

Arctic cooling freezer 7- best bang for buck, good for your price range

Tuniq tower 120 - a little overbudget, exceptional cooler

Thermalright 120 ultra extreme - very overbudget (and you'll need a fan as well)
but beats everything else in tests

I'd go with the AC freezer 7

Definitely the AC Freezer 7 Pro, if you're going for a dual core. The Tuniq and TR Ultra-120 Extreme, are better suited for quad cores.

TBH, if you are already going to spend 50, why not just spend a little more and get the best air cooler on the market which is only about 70 shipped with a fan if you shop around.

We really wouldn;t be able to tell without knowing what mobo and BIOS version you're running.

Only being able to up the Bus speed will not mess with your temps really at all since the vCore isn;t being altered (voltage).

However, the stock HSF on C2D's suck... biiig time. I'd suggest just getting the AF7.

Your mobo may have the FSB:RAM Timings linked, but probably not. It all depends on the mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom