Logging onto windows problems! Please help ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

preyingdragon

Solid State Member
Ok guys.

Here is my current situation. I just picked up this P III tower at the Salvation Army. It has Windows XP Professional on it.

It boots up, and comes on with no problem. Although, the problem I am facing is that it was apparently an old office pc and it has the "log on to Windows" screen.

Does anyone know how to get past that? It wont let me click cancel and bypass it, I have two choices to log onto the computer and they are "PC-082-This computer" and AikenCentral. Like I said it wont let me bypass that.

Does anyone have any idea how I could bypass the log on screen and get inside the computer to remove the log on screen? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kris

Ok guys.

I have tried the programs from that sticky thread and none of them worked.

I have tried to press ctrl + alt + delete to try to get to a different screen, no work

I have tried pressing F8 during startup and instead of it asking me what I want to do. it says choose boot device: hard drive, cd rom, or removable device. I tried the boot device of the cd rom because I had the programs .iso file in the cd rom and when I pressed enter, you could hear the cd spinning but nothing would ever come up on the screen.

When the computer first comes on, the only thing that is there is a screen that says Intel Pentium 3. It doesnt show me the actual startup programs or anything like that. It goes from the Pentium 3 screen to a blinking cursor and then to Windows XP Professional screen and then to Windows Log on.

I have tried to enter administrator and admin both. No work on that either. I havedone everything I can think of and I am having no luck whatsoever.

Does anyone have any more ideas or anything that might be able to get me to bypass the log on screen so I can access the computer?

Please help me! I only paid 10 dollars for the computer and I cant afford to spend $100 on a new OS for it to reinstall it so any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kris

Okay here you go. ISO files are NOT bootable. You need to use Nero or Alcohol 120 or some other ISO burning applicaiton to burn them. HAving them on a disc wont do nothing. Your system wont recognize the ISO on the disc to do anything with it.

So that is the first palce to start. Put the ISO back on your PC and burn it again with a trial of Alcohol 120%. It is simple. It has a option that says Image Burning Wizard. Just use that and lead it ot the ISO. Burn it to disc and you will be all set.

Then boot up again with that new disc in. You should then be able to use that disc to do what you need.

that sounds cool. Do you know a direct link to the website that I can download Alcohol 120%?

Thanks a bunch,
Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom