Orthos to stress quad

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok i have orthos running, but im not sure how to get it to stress cores 2 and 3. Its running 0 and 1 at 100%. I ran a blend test and it died after a minute, which leads me to think i might need to tune my memory a bit, but right now im just trying to dial in my CPU. Sitting at 3.6ghz at 1.325V in bios and 44/39/37/42 degrees at idle.

You would have to run two instances of Orthos, in order to stress all four cores. I use Prime 95 to stress my Q6600. It has support for quad cores. If you want to stress with Orthos, open two instances of it, and set two cores to each instance. So CPU 0 and 1, to one instance....and CPU 2 and 3, to the other.

Ya i tried opening 2 instances but it wasnt stressing the other 2. I'll pick up prime 95 instead, i couldnt remember the name of it.

BTW, the antec 900 with all fans on high rocks for keeping things cool.

Hmm prime95 crapped out too, but so far the computer seems stable. I wish these programs were more accurate about what caused it.

Current settings.
q6600 g0 running 400x9 @1.325V
2gb corsair xms 6400 at 5-5-5-12 @2v
2gb ocz gold at 5-5-5-12 @2v

Something tells me the memory settings are too tight.
any ideas?

All other voltage settings are either at normal or auto, i dont recall.

You have to go into task manager go to the processes tab and specify the affinity for both instances. Set one to 0,1 the other to 2,3. That should do it. I still run Prime95 though since the two instance thing is annoying

UMMM , trying to run 3.6 at 1.325v is probably what caused it! At 3.3, I tried a notch below 1.375v and core 2 quit in Prime at 7.5 hours. Raise your vcore. Don't mess with RAM until you get your core stabilized.

If you're using the latest version of Prime 95, which is v25.13....then I suggest you run it custom. And just set the "Memory to Use", to 1024MB...because with the blend test, it tends to use a ton of RAM, and might crash your system.

Ok figured out how to get orthos to stress all 4. But it instantly took a dump. Well this should be fun. I really dont feel like upping the voltage as its already got me sitting around 58C at load.

From what I've been able to tell comparing most systems, running 3.6 is going to run 60+. I'm around 56, 57 on load. Manage your expectations a bit here.

Being the G0 stepping, they have a higher tolerance for load temperatures. 65c is not that bad, compared to the older B3 steppings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom