Building new computer, suggestions on hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PILMAN

In Runtime
The last time I built a computer was in 2004, so it's been about 3 years since I built one. My current one doesn't appear to be functioning well as some of the hardware is starting to fail.

I wanted some recommendations if this hardware is all compatible? I will add a video card later, at this point I just need something to browse the internet and what not, but later on I do want to add a nice video card for gaming.

Thermaltake W0093RU ATX 12V 2.0 Version 500W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, CUL, TUV, FCC, and CB - Retail

Newegg.com - Thermaltake W0093RU ATX 12V 2.0 Version 500W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, CUL, TUV, FCC, and CB - Retail

XMS CORSAIR XMS2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS2 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Intel BLKDQ35JOE LGA 775 Intel Q35 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Newegg.com - Intel BLKDQ35JOE LGA 775 Intel Q35 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 Conroe 2.33GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 Conroe 2.33GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

I am on somewhat of a budget. I already have harddrives, and a cd drive. I need onboard video for now until I get a new video card.

I will upgrade to 2 gigs of RAM later on and probably a nice video card. Does this motherboard you listed have onboard video as well? That is kind of necessary for me until I gather the cash for the card.

If you're patient, MIR isn't that bad. I waited a month for mine to come back. I even have forgotten that I sent the rebate, until I received my check, a couple of days ago.

heh, don't you love getting "unexpected" money? Like trying on an old jacket and finding a $20 bill in one of the pockets or getting a MIR from 5 months ago that you completely forgot about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom