amd athlon 64 X2 4200+ overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
the multipliers and vcore are set to Auto. What should I have them at?

Everest says the vcore is 1.100-1.350v and in bios it only goes up to 1.30v.

What is my vcore at? is my vcore 1.100?

is it the 65W 4200? if it is:

change the vcore to 1.20 ( i think that is stock for the EE version)
ht multi stock is 5
ext cpu clock (core, cpu, w/e your bios says) is 11.
ram should be set at ddr2 --- whatever you have running in it (unless you are overclocking).

ok yeah its the 65w 4200. ram is ddr2 800 so should I overclock that too? drop that to 677?

yeah if you are going to overclock the cpu, yes, drop the ram to ddr2 667. that will actually keep you from overclocking the ram. dont do that until you have your cpu squared away...it adds too many variables. keep your ram running at or under stock speed.
you will also need to lower the ht multi from 5 to 4. when you get above 250mhz cpu clock, you will need to drop it to 3.

above 250mhz umm that I know I can't do with this cpu and cooling i have.
I will get lucky if i get 220-230mhz.

Don't you overclock RAM independently of the CPU with AMDs? That was my understanding, if so, you should leave the RAM at 800.

no, you dont. you can adjust the ram speed, thereby changing the speed at which it runs in relation to the cpu (and the cpu multiplier), but you cant overclock your ram outside those predefined boundaries. ie if you raise your cpu clock, your ram will always raise as well. how much depends on: cpu multiplier, cpu clock speed, and ram speed set in bios.
if you leave it a t 800 you should be able to overclock even the cheapest ram A LITTLE. but if you want your cpu speed high, and dont want to fret over your ram de-stablilizing your overclock, you should set the ram to at least ddr2 667. for high clocks, unless you have some killer ram, you will probably need to set it at ddr2 533. really it depends on what kind of overclock you get on your cpu, and how good at overclocking your ram is.

I can't even get 205mhz without freezing. I think its the vcore which I had at 1.200, 1.225, 1.250 I even had it lower then 1.200 but the computer kept restarting after the windows logo. I changed the ram to 677, ht x4 so what is the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom