Hot System... cooling solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vertigofm

Beta member
Even though I used thermal paste for my pentium 4 2.6ghz, it's still very hot, about 55 c at idle. I am sure that this is because of my damn case kingwin k424 which case temp is usually 40 c, one problem is bulky unloomed wires in the case which block airflow, but I am planning to loom them, I need help from you guys in figuring ways to majorly cool my PC, is there a good webiste that sells all sorts of cooling supplies? What should I buy to get the PC case temp very cool? etc...

Thanks-

Get a new CPU Fan, as for the Case, you need good airflow and you sould go to round wires. Fans at front bring air in, fans at back bring it out. If your case is designed right, you have a good cpu cooler, it should keep the temps downright chilly.

if there are wires blocking the flow of cool air or blocking the heat flow, i suggest using rounded IDE cables. they com in many colors, are very stylish and do not take up a lot of space.

Yeah, as already said above, adding a few fans, and making a good airflow can reduce temperature a lot.

I have pentium 3, overclocked. Before I added extra fans and made a space for good airflow between the wires, the temp was almost 40 C in idle, and near 47 C when in high usage. Now I have 33 C in idle, and 42 C after few hours of 100% CPU usage

i agree with the others, after i bought my round IDE cables the temp inside my case dropped from around 95 to 85. my processor temp didn't change though...

Cut out the fan grills with a dremel or something. Then organize the wires, add some fans, get a better heatsink/fan and enjoy.

There may be dirt that accumalates around the cpu and logic chips, get a can of air and blow it dust free. It will help very much. My power supply crapped out and the new one from Antec has a great fan and tends to cool things down. Good luck.

I'm gonna be doing some major CPU overclocking, Ill try the air clean thing. I have an intake and exhaust fan and rounded IDE cable but there are some wires blocking up the case, looms will take care of those.
some questions though:
1. How do I addmore fans
2. Where's the best site to buy cooling epuipment?
3. best heatsink/cpu fan
4. how do slot coolers work? worth it?
5. any other tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom