What are the chances>?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your saying Vista 32bit will run with 4GB of ram, plus video card memory?

Also none of you answered my question lol.

Yes it should be more than enough even with integrated video using up 256MB of system memory as long as nothing else is a bottleneck but it also depends on what programs you have running in the background, dont want to tell you it will run smoothly but yet you have Norton Systemworks eatting up all your ram and other ram munching programs running at startup

All 32bit operating systems can see a maximum of 4GB. It is a mathematical limit, not the OS. Vista x86 like XP x86 will show a little over 3GB on
System Properties. This is normal. The "missing" ram is not really missing. It is used by the system and not presented to the user. There is
a range of addresses at the upper end of 4GB that is reserved. In a system with less than 4GB these are logical addresses and are handled by the system
that way. However, when the system has 4GB it must block out physical ram to protect the reserved addresses. In addition, the BIOS will reserve some
additional address space for use by devices detected by the BIOS.

Yes it should be more than enough even with integrated video using up 256MB of system memory as long as nothing else is a bottleneck but it also depends on what programs you have running in the background, dont want to tell you it will run smoothly but yet you have Norton Systemworks eatting up all your ram and other ram munching programs running at startup

All 32bit operating systems can see a maximum of 4GB. It is a mathematical limit, not the OS. Vista x86 like XP x86 will show a little over 3GB on
System Properties. This is normal. The "missing" ram is not really missing. It is used by the system and not presented to the user. There is
a range of addresses at the upper end of 4GB that is reserved. In a system with less than 4GB these are logical addresses and are handled by the system
that way. However, when the system has 4GB it must block out physical ram to protect the reserved addresses. In addition, the BIOS will reserve some
additional address space for use by devices detected by the BIOS.

that really was a problem in xp. I remember getting mad a couple of years ago when I added more ram and my computer got slower. back then they were claiming that this would be a non issue with vista.

Well, they are just forcing peoples hands, if they pull that crap lol. (as in not letting peopel upgrade to 64bit, form 32bit of the same OS)

I don't know if their position has changed on this but you could get 64 bit if you forfeit your 32 bit OS. that said, download the 64 bit off of a torrent and run a dual boot, dual hard drive system. your serial and activation will work on it, since it's the same hardware.

I don't know if their position has changed on this but you could get 64 bit if you forfeit your 32 bit OS. that said, download the 64 bit off of a torrent and run a dual boot, dual hard drive system. your serial and activation will work on it, since it's the same hardware.

your saying my product key would work with 64bit home premium? I alreayd dual boot XP and Vista on two different drives lol

answer...YES or NO...

Windows Vista: 64-bit Editions

yes or no because...follow the links from that page...depends on the package you bought.

if you are unable to locate what I refer to, here is the lazy link to it...

Windows Vista Alternate Media

most people who did not really set out specifically to purchase the 64bit edition, do not really know what they actually need, even if they think they do...

yes 32bit Vista can see all of the 4gb of ram...the limitation is not the OS but the old mobo bios io system...

specific 64bit software is not readily abundant, though many 32bit software can be run on the platform, just not with optimal speed.

You do know that most of the Vista DVD's have both the 32 Bit and 64 Bit incorporated right?!? As well as the serial being good for both versions. So you should be able to install 64 Bit with your dVD and still use your serial.

Course i am going based off the fact i get my Vista DVD from MSDN and not retail. If you cant get one just simply download it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom