8800Ultra vs. HD2900XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
this thread should just go on aim or something.. its becoming a chatbox...

jeebus.. i can't wait to get a hand on an x2900xt.. i sorta wanna rush to buy it.. but i don't think this 450 watt psu will do the job.. lol

this thread should just go on aim or something.. its becoming a chatbox...

jeebus.. i can't wait to get a hand on an x2900xt.. i sorta wanna rush to buy it.. but i don't think this 450 watt psu will do the job.. lol

hmm probably not, the HD 2900 XT consumes about 240-250w. FYI the 8800 GTS out performs the HD 2900 XT in almost everything, plus the 8800 GTS is a lot cheaper too.

hmm probably not, the HD 2900 XT consumes about 240-250w. FYI the 8800 GTS out performs the HD 2900 XT in almost everything, plus the 8800 GTS is a lot cheaper too.

I would say the gtx outperforms in everything.
The gts is better in some areas.
If ati had their drivers figured out im pretty sure it would be better than the gtx and comparible to the ultra.

did we miss a segment of this thread earlier.. on how the new drivers are working wonders with the card..... give it time... the 8800gts wasnt what it was today with its previous drivers

^ this is true.. i remember... the 8800gtx came out.. and it barely out performed the 7950gt... give it time.. good drivers will come.. but NosBoost.. get the Omega drivers.. if AMD doesn't fix the driver issues by the time u get ur 2900xt

what are the best drivers fort he 8800gts now ?
i've heard good stuff about the lateast beta drivers that came out for bioshock...
I need a confirmation...anyone?

For the 2900XT, the newest drivers are best. For older cards (X1xxx), Omega all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom