where can i buy this??

Status
Not open for further replies.
You won't see much of a difference, between the two processors. And get the 8800GTS 320mb instead. The 640mb provides no significant advantage over the 320mb. Double the memory, does not mean double the performance.

Grrr wish you gusy would have convinced me that! Otherwise i was just gonna get the GTX instead of this stupid 640MB Card! :(

Edit: Do you think I can RMA this to newegg and order the 8800 GTX instead? Like I mean RMA and say its not working anymore, it has 1 year return policy thing and they'll give me a new one but can i request to get a GTX instead of the same one? I might give them a call :D

i doubt you can do an exchange for a different product.
You might just get the refund if they accept it.
How long have you had this card for?

i doubt you can do an exchange for a different product.
You might just get the refund if they accept it.
How long have you had this card for?

Ive had it since May 23rd, the day I ordered it was that date. So thats my invoice date.

Im talking to a newegg representative right now. Ill post what they say :D The entire convo.

im surprised theyre open this late...i thought they close at round 8-9 pm.
Well its my bed time, got a class in the morning then work.

And dont bother upgrading that cpu, just get a new mobo,cpu and maybe psu.
I guess you will probably need another case to fit the mobo.
Whats your budget, do you oc and how much do you game?

im surprised theyre open this late...i thought they close at round 8-9 pm.
Well its my bed time, got a class in the morning then work.

And dont bother upgrading that cpu, just get a new mobo,cpu and maybe psu.
I guess you will probably need another case to fit the mobo.
Whats your budget, do you oc and how much do you game?

I just recently built this system. I bought this mobo at my work at CompUSA and got a replacement plan for it, Im planning to get it replaced 1.5 years after my invoice date to get a better one. The PSU as well is covered under a two year replacement plan. The CPU I was only allowed to get a 1 year replacement plan since I didnt buy it at the store and i got the replacement plan just like a few days ago and ive had it since the beginning of June. So I will be replacing that next summer using the plan as well :D

Edit: newegg is not willing to let me exchange the product for a different one. However, they are giving me a special treatment by giving me a refund but apply a 15% restocking fee. Is it worth it to upgrade to a 8800GTX Card? The BFG Card? Or keep the 8800 GTS 640MB Card?

so 349.99 with 15% restocking fee will drop me down to around $297, then the bfg card is like 529, so thats 231$$ more to get an 8800GTX from 8800GTS, is it worth it?

if i were you, i would wait for the new nvidia cards to come out...thats what im gonna do.
If your gaming performance is fine, then just wait untill the newer cards come out...unless your never going to upgrade your gfx card.

yes.. lets upgrade A DELL.... get a new gpu and cpu.. and not even look at the power supply.. very nice suggestions people

the dell 375 W PSU is actually MUCH better than what it says according to tons of dell forums. It should be able to handle a 8800GTS and the new proc which happens to use less power than the one i hav :)

the dell 375 W PSU is actually MUCH better than what it says according to tons of dell forums. It should be able to handle a 8800GTS and the new proc which happens to use less power than the one i hav :)

I was going to say something along those lines... With a stock PSU, the CPU will not be a factor, but the PSU might not like a full load depending on what type of card you get... but I still won't suggest the 640... I was possibly going to suggest:

Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N761-AR GeForce 8600GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

but you would have to look at the +12V side first to see if it could handle it. (but I still think stock PSU's need to be replaced for stabilities sake...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom