Tuniq Tower RPM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
My mobo is reporting the rpm at startup of the tuniq tower to be about 850ish rpm. This is strange in that the operating rpm is supposed to be 1000-2000 rpm range. I hooked up the rheteostat fan controller thing they provide and when I move it from hi to low, I hear no audible sound increase and no rpm change in the bios. I do however visually see the fan briefly stop and spin up again when I do change the controller value. I was wondering what kinds of rpms do you guys have for your tuniq and is defective or something?

Try connecting it to one of the sys_fan ports, i also had a problem w/ the cpu_fan port, the fan wouldnt power up at all.

hmmm good idea too bad I tied all the cables down thought...so that kinda sucks :p

also theres no differance between the sys_fan ports and the cpu_fan port?

Mine is 2150 at max speed, thats 100% and its running 100% all the time :D

Edit: I barely get any noise, it seems like its not even turned on hehe.

my mobo is reporting the rpm to be 0 at first and then it changed to 300 rpm. When I look at the tuniq tower fan itself from under the fins I see it momentarily stopping and starting ( much like my vigor TEC HSF did and I was told this was normal and due to the chips being so cold ) but 40 celcius idle doesn't seem to be cold...I unplugged the tuniq towers connection to the controller ( which seemed to do nothing ) and nothing happened... I guess next ill try to put it in a system fan but problem is the tuniq towers wire may be too short and have to rest on my ram or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom