5200+ and higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
who's got one??? and how is that working for you? how is it overclocking.. what is it's limits? i might be on the verge of buying one seeing its only 120 bucks... would definitely leave me with money to buy a new psu or my 2nd gig of ram with it.. i'm just interested in the higher cache mostly

i don't feel like jumping the guns on parts yet.. so imma pace myself...

i'm looking at something like this

5200+ (or maybe even higher, who knows)
any random am2 crossfire board... lol....
and purchasing my 2nd gig of ram...
thermaltake toughpower 750 watt (will eventually be needing all that power)
ATI HD X2900XT

i just don't wanna buy big time parts... and end up rebuying crap again like i always do..

and for those of you new to these forums.. and havent been around.. don't give me the c2d BS, i don't wanna hear it =P ... i'm mostly trying to keep the cost down, to grab my x2900xt that much sooner

Yea...there is nothing wrong with going AMD. Especially when K10 is about to arrive. But you should ask nagasama or Apokalipse, as they have the X2 3600+ and X2 6000+ respectively. And I believe both have overclocked past 3.0GHz on their's. I know that Apokalipse, has gotten his 6000+, to 3.5GHz, with his watercooling kit.

If you want an AM2 motherboard, I would definitely suggest either the Foxconn C51XEM2AA or the EVGA 122-M2-NF59-TR. Apokalipse and nagasama own these motherboards as well, and claim that they are the best AM2 motherboards, available.

the 8800gts is beter and, is cheaper. there is nothing wrong with an amd cpu.

didny say there was anything wrong with an amd cpu... but for the price i'm gonna be spending i can probably get a better core 2 duo anyway... so don't change the idea of getting an ati card.. ;) same concept

sorry double posted... i'm used to posts automerging.. lol

Woo, keep AMD alive man, Just like me.

But anyways-
yes a 5200 is definitely justified by the price to performance ratio, and let me say with the right cooling setup you can definitely push it past 3.0ghz. If i can do it with a 165 opty, then you can do it with and X2.
As far as boards, check this one out-
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
ASUS Launches the M2R32-MVP CrossFire AM2 Motherboard - techPowerUp! Forums

also, i have decided to keep my 2900XT....sorry bud.

edit*-ah b1gapl you beat me to the motherboard...haha.

yea, that motherboard looks to be a good one, thanks for the suggestion.. and AMD GT Player....i bought an x1950xtx the days the 8800's first came out.. and they were both roughly 450 dollars... does it look like i care about price to performance ratios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom