Geforce FX5500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

In Runtime
I just have a simple question: How well does this card perform in general computer use? I'm upgrading a friend's computer in a few weeks and I'm pretty sure that this is the gfx unit I'm going with. He's using a computer that use to belong to me (HP desktop: AMD athlon XP 3200+,1gig pc3200,160gb hd,Geforce 4 mx4000 128mb, stock 250w ps) He does minor/mild gaming, surfs the web a lot, and photoshops a little. The card fits well within my budget and I think it'll perform above-average for his needs. Suggestions and advice are welcomed!

I have the the GeForce FX5500, in one of my older builds, and it has served me well, in terms of general computer use. I was playing CSS on it too. Not too bad.

its like my Radeon 9250 except its has dx 9 capability (even tho it wouldn't do that well, sorta like the 8500gt and the 8600gt with dx 10) buts good for general usage..

its like my Radeon 9250 except its has dx 9 capability (even tho it wouldn't do that well, sorta like the 8500gt and the 8600gt with dx 10) buts good for general usage..

Yeah, I heard the fx series performance was dx8 level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom