zalman cpu fan question

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh I didn't think that socket 940 was the same as socket AM2 cause why would they call it socket AM2 and socket 940? don't make sense.

Socket 940 and AM2 are different sockets. Yes, they have the same number of pins, but both have the pins, located differently. So a Socket 940 chip, can't fit in an AM2 socket. Socket 940 is for the server line, while the AM2 is more for the desktop line.

ok. I got my amd athlon 64 x2 4200+ running at 2.31Ghz but can't go further. If I do then the computer restarts.
The multiplyer thing is at auto and the number goes up to 11x.
I got the cpu from 2.21 to 2.31Ghz without the temp going up at all so why can't I go further?

You need more voltage on the vcore or CPU. Just increase it, by one notch, and see what happens.

thank you guys for all you help all the time you just keep on making me smarter. Thank you.

1 problem with that though. The vcore is at Auto like everything else and in everest it says the voltcore is 1.31 but in bios the vcore only goes up to 1.30.

Socket 940 and AM2 are different sockets. Yes, they have the same number of pins, but both have the pins, located differently. So a Socket 940 chip, can't fit in an AM2 socket. Socket 940 is for the server line, while the AM2 is more for the desktop line.

what! 940 and AM2 are different?? sorry to jack this post put which CPUS use which?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom