where can i buy this??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheeseking25

In Runtime
Hi. I have a Dell XPS 400 that I am planning to upgrade. I can't use a core 2 duo CPU cause of my mobo which i cant replace cause its specially made for Dells. So a new mobo or comp is out of the question. I wanna upgrade my 2.8GHz Pentium D 820 to a 3.6GHz Pentium D 960 but I am wondering WHERE CAN I BUY A 960???? I am also upgrading my Geforce6800 to a 8800GTS 640MB. But once again... WHERE CAN I BUY A D 960 or possibly a D 950?????

You won't see much of a difference, between the two processors. And get the 8800GTS 320mb instead. The 640mb provides no significant advantage over the 320mb. Double the memory, does not mean double the performance.

www.hardwarezone.com® :: Articles - Coolest Hardware, Hottest Reviews

pretend the last Pentium D 920 is a 820.

Your gonna see a slighty better performance, best too upgrade to c2d but u can't :/ 960 is over priced anyway...

As for video card you wouldn't want to bottle neck a $300 8800GTS get something cheaper like a 8600GTS or a 7xxx or 19xx card.

thats the main reason i want to upgrade the proc to the best possible one i can. so it wont be as much of a bottleneck

Stalliontek.com: Your Portal to Technology

but I do have to agree w/b1gapl... aside from the performance of the 640 vs the 320... the price hasn't come down enough to justify the price... I bought one as they came out... nice at the time, but I have yet to see a huge difference in FPS in gaming... (I'm not into the 3Dmark stuff) compared to my 7900GT I had... but don't get me wrong... there is a difference, just not what I thought it would be.

but the chip... you should see a good size boost if you switch...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom