Good Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

murdocsvan

Web Programmer
okay because im going to slowly (but surely) build a butt kicking build up from scratch. im going to start off with a case and water cooling system because its going to be the slowest to become outdated, and then ill finish the board off with the CPU and GFX card because they're the quickest to outdate. i need a mainstream motherboard that is awesome in all its glory and is great for overclocking. what motherboard is currently king and what would you guys all recommend?

Asus p5k Deluxe
Gigabyte DS3R
EVGA 680i
Asus Sticker Extreme

pretty much the best 4 boards out at the moment IMO...the first 2 are a P35 chipset which overclocks great. the last 2 are the 680i chipset which OCs decently, and is great for gaming. or if you plan to run SLI in the future.

The first 2 overclock like champs, the 680i -sometimes- has fsb holes which can cause headaches for overclocking, and the striker is crazy expensive but is supposed to be the best overclockign board on the market.

most of those loop holes have been fixed with recent drivers and bios updates. cause i was worried about that when i bought mine.

well i have heard good things about the ASUS one. btw i want an intel board with socket support for quad core.

Yep, the point is, there is a fair amount of tweaking around to get the 680i bios up to date. Plus its a fair bit more expensive. But still great.

^ thats the Asus p5k deluxe.. its like the ultimate qx6850 overclocker...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom