Fix the search functuion already!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexinator

In Runtime
In the AdminCP of vB there's the option to change the minimum word length required for searches. Currently you have it set to 5, which is horrible. Which means any words with less than 5 characters is cut out from the search bearing terrible results.

Having a useful and fully functional search is key for avoiding double threads and having people asking the same questions over and over.

The default is 3 characters, they set that default for a reason :p It's what works best ^^

Thanks for your time :p

(I bring it up because I can't search for anything I need :()

Just use google.

put in

site:techist.com/pc XP

Google is better at searching the site anyway

I know how to use all the tools in Google, thing is I don't want too... I shouldn't have to take the extra steps. In google, I can;t search for users specificly or all the other features the vB search has in advanced mode.

I think vB will allow wildcards. So if you need to search for Asus and the minumum word length is five characters, just do something like asus* and it should return all asus results.

The search is now set to 3. The default was 5 and it was set to 4. We won't go less than 3. The reason is that the smaller the number, the larger the search index and conversely the larger the dB will be.

Dave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom