TR Ultra 120 Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
I'm wanting to buy this heatsink but the problem is I want to know if it's too big for my case as my 8800 GTS just almost touches the hard drives and also the RAM might be in the way so i just want to make sure it can fit or not. My case is about 45 cm high and the width is just about 50cm so it's roughly same width and height. Also is there anyone in TF that lives in Hong Kong and knows where to buy it except from Pdawg which I met him on TF yesterday.

Your worry will most likely be the 'thickness'.
So in your case the 'depth' is about 500mm, the thickness being the dimension measured across the face of cd drivebay. Youwithme? The smallest dimension!

Thatis, of course, so long as your case is a tower.

anyway, since the Mobo lies against one of the walls in a tower, the thermalright with be pointing sideways- so its stuck to the CPU along one wall and is cantilevered out towards the other. So you might want to check the thermalright's dimensions against your case thickness, and make sure that it wont hit the far wall.

I haven't heard of any problems fitting one to the P35-DS3R, so I'm not sure how the dimensions of your Mobo differ, but as long as its near this, you shouldn't have any problems with the RAM getting in the way.

As long as your case has room for a 120mm fan beside the motherboard you are generally safe with the TR.

you're missing the key measurement when you gave the dimensions of your case...the "width"

you gave the depth and the height measurements.

NOOOOO by width, he was talking about depth! ARG!
you need the other width, the small dimension, the thickness! the one thats 5.25" plus a bit! ARG! the OTHER width. The one thats 200mm or thereabouts.

ARG! OTHER WIDTH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom