Read all Q6600 G0 owners:

Status
Not open for further replies.
G0's are marginally better from what I've seen but it's not outstandingly better than B3's. I'm with you - why pay the same for even a little bit less. And also - I haven't tried to run stable at 3.6ghz. I'm pretty sure others are stable there (of course their temps were higher than what is probably wise). I'm very stable at mine but I think I could reach 3.4.

too bad you didn't have the P35 DS3R, then you could teach me to overclock :p

with coretemp, it says my cores are around 34-39 C after all day messing around (gaming, music, surfing). I'm OC'ed at 3.2ghz on my Q6600 with the AC7.

too bad you didn't have the P35 DS3R, then you could teach me to overclock :p

overclocking i soo easy hehe. Lolz, i didnt even know i would be able to learn it. You just need to know the basics and once you do, then learn how to clock the right way and how both RAM Frequency, timing and CPU FSB will relate and how to get the right voltages and stuff.

My ASUS mobo is a sweet board cuz if i mess up, i dont have to open the case and remove the battery to clear the CMOS, i just unplug it hehe :D If I had to keep removing the battery, i woulda been fricken pi**ed off cuz I know I would have ended up doing that over and over again. Which really is a pain considering that the battery is right under the GPU PCIE slot so id have to remove that too! and put it back in then remove it again if i didnt get it right :D

overclocking i soo easy hehe. Lolz, i didnt even know i would be able to learn it. You just need to know the basics and once you do, then learn how to clock the right way and how both RAM Frequency, timing and CPU FSB will relate and how to get the right voltages and stuff.

My ASUS mobo is a sweet board cuz if i mess up, i dont have to open the case and remove the battery to clear the CMOS, i just unplug it hehe :D If I had to keep removing the battery, i woulda been fricken pi**ed off cuz I know I would have ended up doing that over and over again. Which really is a pain considering that the battery is right under the GPU PCIE slot so id have to remove that too! and put it back in then remove it again if i didnt get it right :D

well...where do I learn the basics...

Mine just reverts to defaults if it cant boot after a couple times. No unplugging or anything involved :)

Go to overclock.net
They have alot of resources and I learned a great number of things there. Then while you're going through it ask some specific questions in the overclocking section of this forum.

3.8 on air? I think thats a load of crock, I tend to trust review sites like Tomshardware FAR more then users who want to brag about their "crazy benchmarks".

agreed, mine cant even post over 3.2 even tho its a G0 still seems hard to believe.

there are numerous people on slizone and xtremesystems doing it..they just have a HIGH vcore 1.5/1.6

i'd never go that high personally i find 3.4-3.6 to be plenty enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom