Folder view/options in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

White_Wolf

Baseband Member
I've got this weird problem that is most likely a matter of my incompetents than a system error.
I have most of my folders set to arrange icons by date modified. This works properly when opening folders through windows, but it doesn't work when opening folders in Photoshop or web browser; the files are by default arranged by name.

While I can set to have the files arranged by "date modified" in my browser and Photoshop while searching, the moment I select a file and go back to that folder for another file all the files are back to being arranged by name.

It doesn't matter whether I specify files to be arranged by date in windows or the application I am using, all folders go back to being arranged by name in everything but windows itself.

i think its supposed to be like that, do you mean when you like upload a file and a small screen comes up with all the folders?

As stated above it is the natural effect. Cause by selecting how you want the files sorted only affects Windows. Using a applicaiton isnt technically windows anymore and therefor any screen that comes up or used it within that applicaiton. Therefor you have to adjust every applicaiton to open your files that way. Which can be a brat.

Yes, it is the window that appears when selecting a file to upload or open.

Here is an image of the window with me selecting the "arrange icons by date modified" option in the window (see attachment).

Even though I can choose how to view it, it resets itself to "view as thumbnails" and "arrange by name".

Even though you guys claim it is program independent; and not a facet of Windows, I'm really sure that once upon a time my browser, and other programs that sifted through my folders, did so in the view and arrangement assigned to that folder by Windows.

But I suppose I could be mistaken.
Any idea where in Firefox I'd go to change the folder view & arrangement defaults?

Attachments

• brows_window_demo.jpg
    brows_window_demo.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 28
The only other option you have is to go into your folder options. Get the folder set up the way you want then there is a button in the View tab that says apply for all windows. Maybe that will work.

The only other option you have is to go into your folder options. Get the folder set up the way you want then there is a button in the View tab that says apply for all windows. Maybe that will work.

it will but it will do every folder like that. that part will drive you crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom