Looking for decent audio card

Status
Not open for further replies.
i always see the eax option...but i dont know what it is.
its obvious that its some enhanced audio option...but im still trying to figure what card i should go for if i dont like onboard.

There are few sound cards that have an optical out going out the back of the card. I'm assuming you're trying to run your sound to your reciever for your 5.1 you already have. You can buy sound cards that come with a 5.25" I/O insert, that would go in one of your DVD slots in the front of your computer tower. Those feature an Optical Out. Go to Creative.com and look up the X-Fi. A couple X-Fis come with them, and I know that if you get an Xtreme Music, you can buy the I/O accessory seperatly.

Thanks for the reply. I saw these ones but they are kinda expensive though and does not come with the spdif cable that would connect it from the soundcard to the drive thingy with all the connections. so you cant really use the optical or coaxial outputs. Dont even know where you can buy an SPDIF Cable that goes inside the case which are different from a regular optical cable.

I have a Spherex 5.1 System but I can only use either a red and white audio, optical or coaxial. It doesnt have that headphones like inputs. :( But has two optical and one coaxial inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom