Read all Q6600 G0 owners:

Status
Not open for further replies.
i will be aquiring a G0 soon. but wateva happened to the 3.9GHz at stock cooling? and heaps cooler. mine idles at 39c which doesnt seem to be too far behind everyone else

no way can a q6600 get 3.9 ghz on stock cooling! At tom or antec or somewhere they could only max out a q6600 g0 at like 3.6 ghz and even then they said it was unstable. Quad cores just can't OC like dual cores since they run so much hotter.

WHAT THE ****?!

I just dl'd coretemp. PCAlert says 37C... but sure enough core temp says 52C = 37 + 15. What is this crap??? I'm not running a G0 but shouldn't it read accurately then? I'm so confused

Run coretemp and let it sit idle for a couple minutes. Write down the temps then restart, go into bios and check your temps against the bios readings. Coretemp is usually spot on for me give or take 1 degree.
Quads Tjunctions are 100 and, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think duos are at 85???

no way can a q6600 get 3.9 ghz on stock cooling! At tom or antec or somewhere they could only max out a q6600 g0 at like 3.6 ghz and even then they said it was unstable. Quad cores just can't OC like dual cores since they run so much hotter.

i no. wat im trying to say is all the people that were sayin it was possible were wrong. they dont even seem to o/c much better than the B3 does

i no. wat im trying to say is all the people that were sayin it was possible were wrong. they dont even seem to o/c much better than the B3 does

those people are idiots. I wanted a g0 for sure instead of a b3 not because I thought it was light years ahead in overclocking capability, but because I simply havent waited this long to get an old stepping processor when I could get a new stepping processor for the same price. You still have idiots out there who are ordering from newegg hoping to get a g0 when they can simply just order from ClubIT for guarenteed g0s and the more increasing areas u can get a g0.

G0's are marginally better from what I've seen but it's not outstandingly better than B3's. I'm with you - why pay the same for even a little bit less. And also - I haven't tried to run stable at 3.6ghz. I'm pretty sure others are stable there (of course their temps were higher than what is probably wise). I'm very stable at mine but I think I could reach 3.4.

there are plenty of people that are doing 3.6-3.8 on air with a 1.5xx VCore

3.8 on air? I think thats a load of crock, I tend to trust review sites like Tomshardware FAR more then users who want to brag about their "crazy benchmarks".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom