hard drives screwed up

Status
Not open for further replies.
it would seem my laptop could be impossible to fix, the recovery cd does not do anything more than install windows, it doesnt install the apps or drivers even though it clearly says it on the disk "use this disk to reinstall the OS and all apps and drivers" i tried contacting gateway and they said i would need to buy another cd and pay $20 and all I can say is GATEWAY=WRONGWAY!!!

if you ever get a gateway dont ever plan on using a different OS otherwise your gateway wont work any more!

oh i forgot to mention i completely cleared my drive and it still wont work right, i think gateway just sucks and now i will prob have to get that $20 cd even though i really dont have a credit card to get it and thats the only way to get it, the ppl at gateway are not very brite r they?

your recovery disks should wipe your entire harddrive, recreate the boot volume as well as the recovery volume and should install all your programs and drivers when Windows is loaded, your just overanalyzing the situation :)

i think its more complicated than that, his recovery disk seems to be dodgy or whatever if it dosnt do all those things

well i thank you for your help i have indeed repaired my laptop(infact im typing this message with it) i had just the OS and the gateway site had all the drivers, y they didnt just include them with the cd i don't know but what if i didnt have a secondary computer i couldnt get those drivers!!! GATEWAY! USE YOUR BRAINS!(IF YOU HAVE ANY)!!!:freak:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom