AMD's 3GHz K10 to break 30,000 3DMark06

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 27k score with the 2900CF apparently was bugged or something and it was removed from the top scores so 8800ultras are at the top still.. Even then they are basically the same in sli/cf and with that much overclocking

And that is completely irrelevant anyway, they acknowledge that phenom would have to be twice as fast clock for clock and like I've been saying, it is impossible.. And that is the point of the article, not that they managed a 13.5k score themselves.

And in other news.. there was a video where amd had a benchmark of a 2ghz phenom vs. 2.33ghz intel and phenom beat it by 25%. So even in amds OWN benchmarks, it doesn't come close to being twice as fast clock for clock

FACT: 3ghz phenom won't score 30k with this gen graphics. Don't give me that crap about "ohhh before conroe came out people said the same thing"

The inquirer should NEVER be considered a reliable news source. If it is true than you will hear about it on other web sites as well.

In all honesty, you people should HOPE that technology that powerful comes out with the release of Phenom.... THINK about it.... something like that would FORCE Intel into action ASAP to counter it.... releasing more new Tech.... all the while, driving down prices of the current 'high end'....

I <3 AMD, but I would like to see the war keep getting handed off every year or two.... gotta keep competition up.

My thoughts exactly, E_D. by keeping the crown moving back and forth, it spurs the competition and gives us the benefit... especially if, like me, you don't mind staying a step or two back from the bleeding edge where the prices are super-sweet.

well imma throw my 2 cents in on this subject... this is exactly like when conroe came out.... had many doubters and whatnot about it..... and i know i was one of em.. talking trash!!!! but then they totally blew my mind... it wasnt as breath taking as it was made up to be... saying it completely creamed amd in everything... but they did have a good lead... this is just the same thing happening again.. everyone stop whining... i dont' know if i want to believe 30,000.. but i know it'll be a good cpu

I hate it when you make sense, nos. but, then, it happens so seldom... ;)

Good post.

I hate it when you make sense, nos. but, then, it happens so seldom... ;)

Good post.

ya, no point in fighting!!!! just accept that the technology is getting better... and its making it cheaper for everyone to have a good computer!! thats all that matters to me... good competition = good prices... and that keeps me happy.. and my wallet empty... but the kind of empty that gets more money worth out of it? if that made sense :) lol

very often things i say don't make much sense... like my pointless spending in graphics cards :x

The 27k score with the 2900CF apparently was bugged or something and it was removed from the top scores so 8800ultras are at the top still.. Even then they are basically the same in sli/cf and with that much overclocking

And that is completely irrelevant anyway, they acknowledge that phenom would have to be twice as fast clock for clock and like I've been saying, it is impossible.. And that is the point of the article, not that they managed a 13.5k score themselves.

And in other news.. there was a video where amd had a benchmark of a 2ghz phenom vs. 2.33ghz intel and phenom beat it by 25%. So even in amds OWN benchmarks, it doesn't come close to being twice as fast clock for clock

FACT: 3ghz phenom won't score 30k with this gen graphics. Don't give me that crap about "ohhh before conroe came out people said the same thing"

Go away fanboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom