First Boot Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavenderAC

In Runtime
I am booting up for the first time and I have some problems.

When it is detecting my IDE drives, it keeps saying that it can not detect the "fasttrek" controller and my BIOS is not installed? What is that? And then it goes into BIOS setup.

Also, my CPU is running at 75 C and my MOBO is at 35 C, is that normal? If not, what should I do?

When I try to boot from CD ROM, it keeps saying that I need to pick a proper boot media even though the CD ROM is running and being detected. Any idea?

Is it some BIOS problem? Do I need to update my BIOS?

Thanks

Ok, guys, I have pretty much finish my first build, and it looks pretty good so far. Winxp is installed, so is graphic card, etc. Everything looks fine. Only a couple things still unsolved.

1. My CPU is around 75 C while my MOBO is about 35, is that normal? Or is my CPU running to high?

2. I still have trouble booting up, it still gives me error saying that my BIOS is NOT installed!! But I can then boot into xp fine. Any idea how to solve that?

3. In the BIOS, there is an option "Graphic Aperture", I have no idea what that is, but it is set at 64 MB. Should I alter it to 128MB since my card is radeon 9600XT 128 MB? Or should I leave it as it is?

Thanks

Thanks, yes, I was wondering about the SATA too, but what should I set it to?? I see 3 other options like P-ATA, etc?

Thanks

It still gives me the "No drives attached to FASTTRAK CONTROLLER, the BIOS is not installed" message. What is fasttrak controller and how do I fix it? Should I update my BIOS or something?

PS. I have fixed the heatsink, the CPU temp is now 44C, which is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom