Laptops and Vista are incompatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate300

Solid State Member
I have bought a new laptop with vista but i have had every sort of problems ever since... on my old laptop, viewing slideshows was blissfully easy and opening and closing files were done on the blink of the eye. but now it takes forever for files to load and the slideshow simply hates me by taking all its time to load.:rolleyes:

vista has nice features but they are not practical ...

i was wondering if this problem is affecting only me???

What speed is your hard drive and how much RAM do you have?

I've found vista pretty sluggish with 1gb and those 4200rpm laptop hard drives, thats why when I bought a dell for my stepfather I chose the 5200rpm drive and even with 1gb ddr2 667mhz vista is pretty responsive (CPU is a c2d 1.6ghz)

yeah, my mates laptop has a 1.6GHz X2, 1GB DDR2 a,d a 120GB HD and vista premium and its unbelieveably slow

i have laptop and vista installed, runs great

core 2 duo 1.5 ghz
2 gigs ram
8600gt

Vista runs fine on laptops as long as you've got a good one. Those $400 Cleeron laptops with 512mb of ram are painfully slow even without stuff like AV software running in the background. Get at least a decent dual core proc and a gig of ram. Ideally, you'd want 2 gigs and a faster hd.

meh my freind has a dell, 1.86Ghz athlonx 2 (i think) its extremely slow with 1GB RAM

yeah, my mates laptop has a 1.6GHz X2, 1GB DDR2 a,d a 120GB HD and vista premium and its unbelieveably slow

You can blame that on the fact that most likely he's running an intergrated graphics chip, which means the video has to use some of the systems memory. And on Vista he probably has aero effects turned on.

Pretty much-

-Vista will use around 300-400 or so.
-Graphics can use usually between 100-300 depending on what you're doing.

Then once you start using programs, even internet explorer, the things going to run extremely sluggish.

Upgrade the memory to 2x1gigs and you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom