Strange motherboard!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
maan this threads goin long hey jus chk when you installed the ide cable on the cdrom check if you didn damage its pins... sumtime they go in or turn then this sort of problem happens...

In the BIOS it shows that the CD-ROM is not installed, in Device Manager the CD-ROM dosnt even show up. The IDE cables are all connected right and there are no problems with the pins on the CD-ROM or motherboard. I tried the move of the two IDE and it wouldnt boot up when the HDD was on the other one.

James

We narrowed it down a bit. It is either your cable itself or the MOBO. Do a good visual check on the MOBO connector and make sure that no pins are bent or broken. Swap your cables. If the same thing happens with different cables and there are no physical damages to your MOBO then, the MOBO is probably toasted. In order to use it, you will have to hook up both HDD and CD-ROM on same IDE channel (The one where your HDD was originally connected). Remember to set your switches to Master for HDD and slave for CD-ROM.

Ok thanks zerozero and all the others that have helped me out. I do think that the mobo is fried because of the diffrent IDE straps I have tried. There isnt any bend pins so Im gessing its time for a new mobo. Again thanks for all the help.

James

Well I have tried zerozero's idea but with little out come. I made sure I did it correct with the jumpers and put my IDE strap in the correct position but it still didint work. It came up with that Primary drive 0 error message. So I have put it back so that it is just the HDD and Floppydisk drive. Any more suggestions. From that experment I think it must be the CD-ROM. So after work I will try replacing the CD-ROM with the CD-ROM from my lunix computer and see what happens.

James

check for a jumper setting of SD.... if it is hooked up with nothing else on each IDE, the drive (if it has SD) needs to be set on it. I dont remember which brand/manu has it, but it is for "single drive". Set if for that if avail. Also, since it wont boot with it plugged in, try clearing the NVRAM by bios or by jumper.

Jarmizz said:

My computer is a Dell Dimension 2400, Intel Celeron 2.4 GHz
256 MB of RAM
chipset - Intel 82801 DB

Regards
James

"DELL" that is your problem bro srry to say

Re: Re: Strange motherboard!!!!!!

-=B$=- said:
"DELL" that is your problem bro srry to say
Sorry, but i'll have to agree with -=BullSh$$$=- on this one, I did some reviews, and they had BIOS issues from DAY ONE...

And it sounds like my old HP after it got RAINED ON! sorry, but you're problem is WAY deeper than HDD or the CDROM alone...:cool:

Yeah Ive been thinking that myself. Dell is shit in some or well most cases so it dosnt surprise me that mines shit to. Owell never mind then aye haha. One less Dell in the world is a good think isnt it????

James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom